Having a regular vegetarian recipe cooked for your meal doesn’t bring a smile to your family members. So how about cooking something with the regular vegetables in a different way which will bring instant smile on those sad faces who are tired of eating the same type of vegetarian recipes. Having talked of cooking chicken and mutton easily, I am going to talk about a very simple vegetarian recipe which is really easy to cook and very tasty to eat.
Vegetables are the ones which the kids hate to eat but I am sure that after u cook this Sweet and Spicy Vegetable Frazie this recipe will become a popular ingredient in your kitchen for all types of occasions.
• 1 large carrot, cut lengthwise
• 1 cauliflower cut into medium sized pieces
• 1 medium red & green capsicums, cut lengthwise
• 1/2 cup green peas
• 2 potatoes, cut lengthwise
• 2 medium onions, sliced
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• 2 -3 green chilies, finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
• 1 teaspoon red chili powder
• 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 2 tablespoons of mustard oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Boil water in a large bowl. Add the salt and turmeric powder. Then add the cauliflower & carrots into it.
2. Let it boil for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes take out the cauliflower & carrots and put it into a bowl of ice water and let it cool. This wont let the vegetables get cooked further.
3. Heat oil in a skillet and fry the potatoes for few minutes. Add salt. Make sure you don’t make it crisp.
4. Heat oil in another skillet and add the sliced onions and sauté it till it turns light brown in color. Then add the capsicum and the tomato sauce and sauté for 2 more minutes. Cook till the oil disappears.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the mix and stir well.
6. Add the boiled cauliflower and carrots and the fried potatoes to the mix and cook well. The honey will add a different flavor to it. Then add the chopped green chillies. Add the red chilly powder along with it.
7. Add the sugar and mix it well with the vegetables.
8. Add the coriander powder to it. Add salt as per taste. Mix well.
9. Cook covered for about 5 minutes so that the masala mixes well with the vegetables.
10. Serve hot with rotis (Indian flatbreads) or rice.
- How to cook your veggies right
- Why you should include Carrots in your daily diet
- Spicy Vegetarian Cauliflower Curry…and a Trip to the Farmer’s Market