Carrot is a very popular vegetable in North-India and it is used in desserts to a larger extent. Gajar Kaa Halwaa or Gajrela or Carrot Pudding is the most popular sweet dish of North-India and has become a popular dessert in many parts of India.
Ingredients for carrot halwaa:
Preparation of carrot halwaa:
- Wash and grate the carrots. Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes. Shred the nuts.
- Put the water to boil, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots. Cook for around 5-6 minutes.
- Add the milk. Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally. Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
- Check the softness of the carrots.
- Add the condensed milk. This enhances the taste of the halwaa.
- Add the raisins. Mix well.
- Remove the gajar halwaa from heat and arrange in a serving dish. Garnish with almonds and pistachios. Serve cold, hot or at room temperature.
- Relish your delicious Gajar ka Halwaa or Carrot Pudding