Having shared my recipe of Chicken with poppy seeds before, this time I decided to cook something different with chicken. Malai Chicken is one such recipe which I have always wanted to cook as I love the white colored gravy very much. I cook most of my recipes in very less oil but this time I wanted to prepare a rich chicken recipe.
The whole idea was very inventive as I wanted to give this recipe a new taste by adding poppy seeds, white mustard seeds and milk. The all new dish which I was going to cook was “Malai Chicken”. I never use ginger in any of my dish, but trust me that doesn’t reduce any taste in your dish. This is also the first time when I have recorded the video to give me friends a better look at my recipe.
Ingredients of “Malai Chicken”:
- 5-6 TBLSP mustard oil
- 3-4 large onions, finely chopped
- 1pc capsicum finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 25gms posto “poppy seeds”
- 10gms white mustard seeds
- 1200gms chicken (+/- 200gms if required)
- 2 pc of cardamom, cloves & 2 small pieces of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
- 8pcs green chillies finely chopped (6pcs for cooking & 2 for garnishing)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- 25gms butter
- 1 cup milk
- 100gms fat-free tok-doi (yogurt) for marinating
Follow the video. Every step has been shown properly.
So your “Malai Chicken” is ready. Enjoy it with Tandoori Roti. You can even try with rice.
This practice was exclusively different as I have used both “poppy seeds” and “mustard seeds jointly. So these two favored Bengali ingredients not only add flavor to your dish but gives you a sense of chicken and poppy seeds and mustard seeds all together.
After having cooked this for my guests this weekend, “malai chicken” has developed into a privileged Indian cuisine at my home. So I wanted to share this attractive recipe with a touch of Bengal with my lovely friends. Stay tuned to my page for more exciting new recipes. So keep testing like me and you will also be able to come up with different formulas eventually.
Egg Pizza with mutton-keema
My cooking life started as an adventure in the kitchen when I started helping my mother in cooking different recipes. I have always wanted to cook something different which was not cooked in our kitchen ever. I like variety in my recipes and feed my family members and guests with the newness in the menu. My love in trying out new things by God’s grace has always been a success. So even today I wanted to try a different recipe which can make everyone happy. An Italian favorite food molded in Indian style was a challenge to me. Thankfully everything was perfect so I am sharing the very simple recipe with everyone. It’s very simple, just try it out at home. A very healthy food for everyone. A brilliant heavy & healthy breakfast for your family.
- Eggs – 4
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Capsicum – 1
- Cooked boneless mutton-keema (quantity as per your choice)
- Mozzarella cheese or whichever available
- Salt – to taste
- Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
- Chilli flakes – to taste
Instead of mutton-keema you can use boiled shredded chicken as well. I wanted to try something different so I have used mutton.
- Cook the mutton-keema at first and keep aside. Click on the link for the mutton-keema recipe.
- Finely chop all the vegetables and in a pan saute them a little.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the whites well. Add the egg yolks.
- Add salt and chili powder to this mixture. It should be well beaten, light and foamy.
- In a fry pan heat oil and gently pour the beaten eggs over low flame. Let it cook for sometime till you witness a light brown color. Cook on both the sides but don’t burn it.
- After this is done, top the mutton-keema on the egg. Add the vegetables and decorate it.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese generously. Cover and cook on low flame.
- Takes around 15-20 minutes on low flame till the cheese has melted well and the egg is cooked.
- The pizza is ready. Cut slices and serve with hot garlic bread or simply savor it. You can use any vegetables of your choice…, olives, mushrooms anything and make it more interesting.