Having talked about cooking mutton keema in my last post, I had in my mind to cook something different with keema. I made up my mind to make “Keema Paratha” but with a different touch as always. I was wondering how to make this Keema Paratha different. So, finally I decided to make “Paneer & Keema Paratha” which would provide a all new taste to every taste-buds. Very simple to make and in rapid quick time you can serve your guest with this delicious paratha with any chicken or mutton recipes. Just you need to keep in mind that the keema needs to be cooked beforehand and it must be totally dry after it has been cooked.
Ingredients of “Butter Mutton Keema” :
- 2 TBLSP mustard oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 800gms minced mutton (+/- 100gms if required)
- 1/4 tsp each of grounded cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 100gms butter
- 1 tomato, chopped (or 1 TSP tomato paste)
I have provided the picture of my recipe, Butter Mutton Keema with boiled eggs. But while cooking keema this time don’t use the boiled eggs.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Fry onions until golden brown. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Carefully take these fried onions out, and keep aside.
- In the left-over oil in the pan, and a low flame, cook chopped potatoes with a little water for about 10-12 minutes. Stir well till the potatoes are half dry.
- Now heat 75gms butter in a pan. Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom. Then add the fried onions and cooked potatoes, minced mutton, turmeric and chilli powder. Stir very well on medium to high flame until all the water has evaporated.
- Add peas. Stir slowly and constantly till well cooked and curry is dry.
- Add chopped tomato or tomato paste (I prefer to have chopped tomato)
- Add little water and cover the pan to enjoy the aroma and taste of covered cooking.
- Add the rest 25gms butter when the curry is dry to develop the rich aroma of butter.
As per the quantity of the keema you can increase or decrease the quantities of other ingredients. I used 800gms of keema as I had to make these parathas for my long list of guests.
After you are done with the keema you need to concentrate on the parathas. If your keema is not dry after cooking you won’t be able to make these parathas at all.
Ingredients of the “Paneer & Keema Paratha” :
- Dry cooked mutton keema
- 1 kg of Flour (maida)
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- 50 gms of butter
- 100 gms of crushed Paneer.
- Take the Flour (maida) in a large bowl. Add water and pinch of salt and mix it.
- Add the egg and mix it properly. The egg will provide more softness to the dough.
- Keep the dough in normal temperature for sometime.
- Now make medium sized dumplings.
- Take proper quantity of crushed paneer and cooked keema and stuff it in the dumplings.
- Now roll it properly again making sure the stuffing doesn’t come out.
- Now make the chapati.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry the chapatis on low flame.
- Cook it on both sides.
- You will see the chapatis taking light brown color.
- Your “Paneer & Keema Paratha” is ready.
- Cut it in 4 halves, decorate it and serve it hot with butter on it and any chicken or mutton recipes.
This was an all new experience and I was very happy as Parathas are loved by everyone. Please try this at home and leave your comments below.