I am not a fish lover but when it comes to fish Tikka or fish fry then it’s all together a different story for me. This is the only reason why I wanted to prepare something this time for all the fish lovers as well as non-fish lovers. I was very much sure that this was supposed to be a big challenge for me as I have never tried something different with fish before. But at the end it was a great success and the recipe was loved by the non-fish lovers more than the fish lovers. This is because their taste-buds felt a totally different taste with the discovery of this new recipe at the SAAS-Tastebuds kitchen.
So let’s talk about this innovative recipe in detail.
Ingredients: 600g – boneless fish (bhetki)
A pinch of red chilli powder
1/4 tsp each of red chilli & pepper powders
4 tablespoons of
1/2 cup corn-flour
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the fish, cut into cubes, apply salt, red pepper and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix the white flour and corn-flour together very well and keep in on a plate.
- Turn on the flame and pour oil on the frying pan and let it heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Now it’s the turn to fry the fish cubes. Dip each fish cubes into the white flour and corn-flour mix so that it is totally covered with flour mixture.
- Now set these fish cubes one by one for some time, fry both the sides till golden brown.
- I added the white flour and corn-flour both to give them a crunchy taste.
- Now take out the cubes and keep aside on a tissue paper so that the oil gets soaked in the paper.
- Take out the left-over oil and keep aside.
- Add the butter to the frying pan and let it melt. Add the water and make a mix well with the butter to create a butter sauce.
- Add the chopped onions and add the parsley as per your need to the sauce and cook for 10 seconds. This will add a fresh flavor of parsley to the awesome butter sauce.
- Now, add the fried fish cubes to the sauce and stir for 30 seconds. Turn off the flame and take out on a plate.
- Take 3-4 pieces of the fried fish cubes and let a sharp-pointed stick to pass through.
- Pour the left over butter sauce on the Tikka, add the cooked onions, add the lemon juice and sprinkle the crushed on the top.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve hot.
Contact Us @ https://www.facebook.com/SAAS.Tastebuds
- How to ensure better marination of Fish
- Beer batter fish &chips, pub style
- The Lahore Tikka House- Toronto, Ontario