Continuing with the experimentation on chicken, this time I was really confused what new to cook. Cracking my brain for the entire day, I finally decided to cook North India’s one of the most favorite recipe, Chicken Bharta with a different type of gravy. This different ingredients used, adds a rich aroma and flavor to this recipe.
Chicken Bharta with Tandoori Roti is one of the favorite recipes for a large number of population among the Indians. But I am sure with the ingredients that have been used in this recipe, it will be loved by people in the different parts of the world. So, let’s take a look what all ingredients have been used and how to prepare this recipe at home with ease.
How to make the chicken stock
Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl and fill it with water. Turn on the flame and add 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 large bay leaf. Let the chicken boil and after a minute add 1 tablespoon of salt and let it boil for 15-20 minutes so that chicken doesn’t get much soft.
Ingredients for Chicken Bharta
1. 700gms of Chicken breast
2. 4 large onions finely chopped
3. 2 tomatoes finely chopped
4. Finely chopped capsicum (1/2)
5. 1 tsp of garlic paste
6. 200gms of yogurt
7. Chicken stock
8. 5-6 green chillies finely chopped
9. 2 tablespoon of Amul cream
10. 25gms of Amul butter
11. 1 hard-boiled egg
1. After the chicken stock is made, keep it aside and let it cool. Take out the chicken pieces and de-bone it.
2. On a medium sized skillet, add 4 tablespoon of mustard oil. I used mustard oil because of its rich flavor compared to the sunflower oil.
3. When the oil gets heated up, add the shredded chicken and saute it till golden brown. When you see the color changing to golden brown take it out and keep aside.
4. Now add the chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Add the tomatoes once the onions turns golden brown in color. Add the chopped capsicum, garlic paste and chopped green chillies and saute for 4-5 minutes.
5. Now add the fried chicken to it and saute it for some more time. Now add the chicken stock and cover the lid for 10minutes. Now take out the lid and add the yogurt and cream to it and cover the lid once until it forms a nice rich gravy.
6. Once you see a rich gravy has formed, add the butter to it and turn off the flame.
7. Uncover the lid and take it out. Cut the egg in 4 pieces and decorate it.
8. Serve hot with tandoori roti.