I have always wanted to cook something which is somewhat different from the regular recipes we often eat. Having cooked and shared many non-veg recipes in my blog, I wanted to cook something for my vegetable lover friends. So, after cracking my brains for a hard-long time, I decided to cook something with one of my favorite vegetable, ladies-finger (popularly known as bhindi). The other reason for cooking something with bhindi was, it’s one of my friend’s favorite
So, lets take a look on how this recipe was made.
1. 600gms of bhindi cut into two halves
2. 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3. 5 tsp of mustard oil
4. 6 large onions finely chopped
5. 1 cup tomato puree
6. 8-10 green chillies finely chopped
7. 200 gms of yogurt
8. 1 tsp turmeric powder
9. 1 tbsp of red-chilli powder
10. Salt to taste
11. Chaat masala to taste
12. Half cup water
1. First fry the bhindis in 1 tsp mustard oil. When the color changes to dark green take it out and set aside.
2. Then add remaining mustard oil and let it heat and then add the cumin seeds. When it turns brown in color, add the chopped onions. Fry the onions till it turns light golden brown. Don’t fry too much.
3. Now add the tomato puree and chopped green chillies to it and saute for 4-5 minutes before it turns into a thick gravy.
4. Add the turmeric powder and salt and saute it. Add half cup water to the gravy and cover the lid for 4-5 minutes.
5. When you take out the lid you will find the gravy has turned thick. Now add the yogurt to it and add the fried bhindi and saute well for some more time.
6. Now add the chaat masala and mix it well with the gravy. Cover the lid and turn off the flame.
7. Your Bhindi Spice is ready. Serve hot with roti or rice.
Contact @ SAAS-Tastebuds