Never thought of having chicken made with ghee because I never used to like it. But this time I cooked this recipe and everybody loved it. The credit goes to my friend who made me fall in love with this recipe which she has cooked once. So, I couldn’t wait for long and tried this very simple yet amazing recipe for my guests within three days. I can bet that those who have never even though of ghee with chicken will want to have “Ghee Chicken” very often from now on. So, lets check out what are the ingredients required and how this recipe can be cooked.
- 1kg Chicken
- 5tbsp Sunflower oil
- 10-12 large onions finely cut
- 6-8 green chilies finely chopped
- 3tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup curd for marinating
- 1tbsp lime juice for marinating
- 3-4 spoons of ghee
- ½ cup water
- Salt as per taste
- 1 aroma king lemon (Gondhoraj Lebu) to be used to add the beautiful aroma
- Marinate the chicken with the curd and lime juice and keep it aside for about an hour.
- Take a large wok and turn on the flame. Add the sunflower oil and when the oils gets heated up, add the onions to it. Add salt so that the onion gets cooked quickly but make sure you don’t fry it till golden brown. Fry it till it becomes translucent.
- Add the chopped garlic to the onion and stir it till you get the rich aroma of garlic.
- Now add the chicken and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the water to it. Add some more salt. Add the chopped green chilies and cover the wok with the lid. When the green chilies will boil in the water it will add a better flavor to the chicken.
- Uncover the lid after 8-10 minutes and you will find the water has almost turned into a white smooth and rich gravy. Now add the ghee and cook for 3-4 more minutes and turn off the flame.
- When you turn off the flame, sprinkle the aroma king lemon (Gondhoraj Lebu) to it and you will get the beautiful aroma of “Gondhoraj Lebu”.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and it tastes best with any rice preparation.