This dessert recipe is very special and very simple to make. Ever since I had tasted this for the first time, I had become a fan of it. Thus, I wanted this delicacy to be a part of my dessert list which can give my international dessert recipes a good run for money.
Let’s get into the details of how this delicious dessert can be prepared at home with ease.
- 100 gms of almond
- 1 litre milk
- 10 tbsp milkmaid
- 250 gms sugar
- 10gms of pista
- A pinch of cardamom powder
- Soak the almonds in warm water for 15-20 mins. Remove skin by rubbing between your fingertips.
- Grind the almonds with 1 cup milk to a smooth paste. The paste should be fine and smooth when you rub between your fingertips.
- Cook this badam paste in a sauce pan on low heat and let it bubble. You will see it has started bubbling after few minutes. Let it simmer for 3-4 mins more. Then, add the remaining milk and let it come to boil. Continue to simmer. Continue doing this until it becomes thicker.
- When the raw smell leaves the kheer , add the sugar. The amount of sugar really depends on personal taste. I have a very sweet tooth so I have added sufficient amount of sugar. You can add more if you want to.
- Add the milkmaid now and stir well.
- Simmer for another 8-10 mins and then add the cardamom powder. Keep stirring and you will find the kheer has become thicker.
- Turn off the flame and pour in the bowl and let it cool for few hours.
- Garnish it with the pistachios and chopped almond.
- Your delicious badam kheer is now ready to be savored.
- Serve chilled.