Like always, even this time when I had chicken to be prepared for the main course, I started wondering what new can be done with it. I love the color white so thought; why doesn’t make something where no red chili powder and no turmeric powder needs to be used. The imagination ran down deep into my thoughts and I decided to make a Rich and Creamy White Chicken. A bit time consuming, but you and your guests will love it when the taste-buds will get a taste of it. Let’s find out how this recipe can be cooked.
Ingredients of “Malai Chicken”:
- 7-8 tbsp white oil.
- 7-8 large onions, finely chopped.
- 2 garlic finely chopped.
- 1kg chicken (+/- 200gms if required)
- 2 pc of cardamom, cloves & 2 small pieces of cinnamon.
- 8pcs green chilies finely chopped.
- Salt as per taste.
- 3 heaped scoops of Amul cream.
- 500ml milk.
• Marinate chicken with vinegar and a little salt and keep aside for 1 hour to get the soft juicy taste.
• Fry the cardamom, cloves and cinnamon on a large non-stick wok in low flame. Take those out when the color changes to dark brown. Now grind it and keep aside.
• Add the chopped onions, garlic and salt. Fry the onions and garlic now until golden brown in the oil. When it turns golden brown in color, add the chicken to it and cook it for a minute.
• Add the milk to it and cook for 2-3 minutes and let the chicken boil properly in the milk. We won’t be using water in this recipe. You should cook it in low flame as we are using milk instead of water. Keep checking so that the milk doesn’t get dried up.
• After some time, you will find the milk has turned thick. Add the green chilies to it and cook it well and cover it with the lid for 2 minutes, so that the green chilies get to boil in the milk.
• Add the cream to it and cook it for 4-5 minutes. Add the ground cloves, cardamom and cinnamon to it and stir well. You will get the beautiful, appetizing aroma from it.
• Turn off the flame. Your delicious Creamy White Chicken is ready.
• Serve it hot with paratha, roti or rice.