Tangri Kebab with Brown Sauce and Hot-Chilli Sauce
Kebab, is a Middle Eastern dish of pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables, roasted or grilled on a skewer originating in the Middle East. In the Middle East, however, kebab refers to meat that is cooked over or next to the flames; large or small cuts of meat. Tangri Kebab is the most popular among all the Kebab recipes. It is also known as Grilled Chicken Drumsticks. This was however my second experience with the tangri kebab. Having failed at the first time with the microwave oven, I tried cooking it this time on direct gas flame and it came out perfect. So, I would suggest all my fans and friends to try this as it is not time-consuming and easier compared to the microwave ovens. I have tried with 2 large leg pieces of chicken, you can use as many as you want, depending on your need.
- 2 large leg pieces of chicken.
- 100gms curd.
- 1 tbsp lemon.
- 1 tsp garam masala powder.
- 1 tsp red chili powder.
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder.
- 1 tsp coriander powder.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp garlic paste.
- 2tbsp tandoori masala.
How to make Chicken Tangri Kebab:
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces and make random slits on them
- Mix all the ingredients properly together.
- Rub and wrap chicken pieces in it in a fridge and keep aside for 6-8 hours for best results.
- After 6-8 hours, take out of the fridge and keep in the room temperature for some time.
- I have grilled the Tangri Kebabs on direct gas flame with the help of a Roti Grill.
- Place the marinated chicken on the grill and fry it evenly on both the sides. Keep applying butter on each side before frying so that it gets a nice rich color. Keep doing until you are satisfied with the color.
- It should get cooked perfectly within 7-9 minutes. Make sure you don’t burn it while cooking on direct gas flame.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and chat masala and serve with onion rings and Brown Sauce and Hot-Chili Sauce. You can prepare the brown sauce with the help of Soya sauce and tomato ketchup.
Punjabi Chana Masala
I always had a fetish towards Punjabi food. Thinking of a Punjabi recipe means, lots of butter, which is one of the most important reason for my love towards Punjabi food. The reason is the richness and the flavor and the love they pour into while preparing any recipes. No one makes chole the way Punjabis make it. This love increases every time I get to savor their yummilicious Chole Masala. So, I made up my mind to make this very simple and delicious Punjabi recipe, my way. Now, I would tell you how you will make this delicious Punjabi Chole for your Bhatures. What contributes to the flavors and aroma of the chole is how the masala is made. The spices are roasted till they get browned and are fragrant. If you don’t get to roast these masalas, you can try with the readymade Chole Masala which you can easily get at any grocery shops.
For Dry Masala:
• 1 small piece of Bay Leaf.
• 1 Black Cardamom.
• 1 tablespoon Coriander Seeds.
• 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds.
• 1-inch piece of Cinnamon.
• 50 gms Amul Butter.
• 2tbsp Soya Sauce.
• 1 Dry Red Chili.
• 2 Cloves.
• 250gms White Chick Peas (Kabuli Chana).
• 2 Red Ripe Tomatoes.
• 3 large onion, finely chopped.
• 1½ teaspoons Garlic Paste.
• 5-6 Green Chilli, finely chopped.
• 1 tablespoon chopped Coriander Leaves.
• 3 tablespoons Cooking Oil.
• 1-2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder.
• 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder.
- Soak white chickpeas in water overnight or for around 8-10 hours.
- Pressure cook soaked white chickpeas with salt, water on low flame. If pressure cooker is not available, then you can use pan to boil the chickpeas, but it would take more time to cook. Remove the lid once done and drain the chickpeas. Do not discard drained water, keep it for further use.
- Dry roast bay leaf, black cardamom, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, cloves and cinnamon over low flame for 1 minute. Grind them in a grinder to make a smooth, dry Punjabi masala powder.
- Heat cooking oil in a kadai or pan, add onion and sauté until it turns light brown. Saute well. Add garlic paste and chopped green chilli. Mix well and sauté for 30 seconds. Stir continuously to prevent garlic from burning.
- Add tomato puree and salt (only for tomato puree because we have already added salt while boiling white chickpeas). Cook on medium flame until oil starts to separate, around 4-5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dry masala powder.
- Mix well and sauté for 1 minute. Keep cooking until the color turns rich and dark.
- Now add the soya sauce to give it a darker look.
- Add boiled chickpeas and 1 cup water of boiled chickpeas, mix well.
- Add the butter and cook until gravy becomes thick on medium flame, for around 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer white Chana masala to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve it hot with bhatura.
After having tried a number of Indian recipes, it was time for something different. Having an inclination towards Pasta, I wanted to make these Italian Dumplings which are also known as Gnocchis. A very simple recipe which can be cooked with ease, when you want to. Let’s take a look how these Italian Dumplings can be prepared.
- 800 gms of potato, unpeeled.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 50 gms of Amul Butter.
- 1 egg.
- 1 Cheese Cube.
- Fresh finely chopped Parsley.
- Pepper and Salt to taste.
- Place potatoes in a cooker. Cover with cold water and a pinch of salt and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until just tender when tested with a knife. Drain well. Set aside until just cool enough to handle. While still hot, peel by hand and discard skins. Using a potato smasher puree potatoes into a bowl. Season to taste with salt. Cool slightly.
- Add flour and the egg to the potatoes, then use your hands to knead briefly until a soft dough forms. If mixture is still sticky, add a little more flour (the amount of flour added is crucial – too much flour will make the cooked gnocchi heavy and tough, while too little flour will cause the dumplings to collapse during cooking). Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut dough into 4 equal-sized pieces. Using your hands, gently roll each piece out to form a log. Using a lightly floured knife, cut each log into pieces as per your choice.
- Create texture on the dumplings as per your choice. You can even give a texture by rolling each ball over the tines of a lightly floured fork, pressing gently with your index finger or thumb underneath as you go.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add 1/4 of the dumplings. As they cook, these dumplings will rise to the surface of the water. Continue cooking on the surface for about 10 more seconds, then remove and drain well. Repeat with remaining dumplings.
The Boiled Dumpling
6. Time to fry the dumplings. Take a frying pan and add 3-4 tbsp of sunflower oil and once the oil turns hot, add the dumplings and stir fry. Cook it until golden brown so that it looks great. Add the butter to it and stir for some more time. Now add the finely chopped fresh parsley and stir for a few more seconds.
7. Your delicious Italian Dumplings are ready. Serve it hot with grated cheese on top.
Crunchy Chicken with Butter Sauce