Cake is a form of sweet dessert that is actually baked. Cakes come in different forms, such as Butter Cakes, Sponge Cakes, Fruit Cakes, Chiffon Cakes, Coffee Cakes etc. I have always loved sponge cakes and the love for cakes grew over the passage of time to a great extent. So, I learnt the art of baking to some extent to quench my hunger for cakes whenever I had a burning desire of it.
But, this time like always when experimenting with a dessert recipe, I wanted to make something out of ordinary as on new year I had a desire of presenting my friends with a very easy but a mouth-watering dessert recipe. So, I decided to make a cake this time which would not be baked. So, it was a big challenge as I have never tried this before.
So, let’s find out how the Chocolate Biscuit Cake was made as my love for desserts and my experiments continue. Please try this at home. Kids would love this and whenever your guests plan to visit you, surprise them with this delicious dessert recipe.
- 400 gms of unsalted biscuits.
- 60 gms of cocoa powder.
- 150 gms of powdered sugar.
- 150 ml water.
- 100 gms of Amul Butter.
- 100 gms of Dark Chocolate.
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence.
- 1 cup of almonds.
- 100 ml Amul cream.
- Break the biscuits so that that you can grind the biscuits well in the grinder.
- Now in a bowl add the water, cocoa powder and sugar and mix well and put it on low flame. Now add the butter to it and let it melt and when it gets mixed nicely and forms a creamy texture, turn off the flame. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Now mix it with the biscuits and mix very well. You can do this in the mixer grinder for better results.
- When it is done, take a container of your choice and wrap it with butter-paper so that the cake comes out easily when it is done.
- Pour the mixture evenly and let it cool in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- When you’re about the take it out, prepare the chocolate cream which you would be using as the top layer.
- In a pan pour the Amul cream and heat it on low flame so that it melts well. Then pour the melted cream on top of the dark chocolates in a container. Let it melt for a while and then mix well with a spatula so that it forms a rich dark chocolate cream. You can add more chocolates if you want the cream to be darker in color.
- Now take out the biscuit mix from the refrigerator and pour the cream evenly and cover it well with your dark chocolate cream and put it back in the refrigerator. Let it cool for 7-8 hours.
- Now once done, take it out and garnish it with chopped almonds and serve chilled.
- Everybody will love it and will be amazed to know that it is a frozen cake and not a baked one.
- So, make this delicious dessert recipe and surprise your loved ones.