Restaurant recipes are always delicious and that is the main reason we always prefer restaurant food more than our home cooked food. The master chefs of the restaurants know the tricks involved in making every recipe delicious and mouth watering. However most of the restaurant dishes contain high amount of fat and calories and it is also quite expensive when you talk about the best item of a renowned restaurant.
So today I am going to share some secrets with you, on how to cook the restaurant-like food at home.
First you need to have all those things which will remain in your kitchen throughout and make it easy for you to cook your favorite restaurant recipes with ease. Though it is not needed to buy all the top equipments for your kitchen, the most important tool you should have is a good knife. The right knife will be your partner for many years. Choose a stainless steel chef’s knife that fits your grip well and won’t rust. Try to have different types of chef’s knives in your kitchen.
Some other important items that your kitchen should consist of are:
- Immersion blender
- Cheese grater
- Skillets (regular and nonstick)
- Thermometer (look for “instant-read”)
The basis of good food is the good ingredients. So always buy the best you can afford from the market. Always try and buy the freshest local produce and eggs. Vegetables with leaves and roots are best advised since these are fresher than the ones you get in the stores. Buy the fresh herbs as dried herbs cannot match the same earthy flavors.
Restaurant food tastes delicious as those contains good amount of fat and tasty recipes do not come fat-free. So if you’re really going for that fine mouth watering taste, be prepared to step away from your diet momentarily. At times do buy the best full-fat butter, cream and cheese when you want to munch on the favorite restaurant delicacies. And speaking of flavor, buy high-quality olive oil as it adds a different flavor compared to the ordinary sunflower oil.
We enjoy restaurant food so much because of the flavor; the usage of various fresh herbs and spices adds this special flavor to the restaurant cooked food. Spices and herbs are the most important ingredient which gives your dishes an international flair and unique essence. So let’s take a look at the different ways to add taste and give flavor to your home-cooked meals.
Check out some popular cuisines and their local associated flavors:
- Caribbean – ginger.
- French — rosemary, thyme.
- Indian — cumin, turmeric, sesame, poppy seeds, coriander, pepper, saffron, cinnamon.
- Italian — garlic, onions, peppercorns.
- Latin — cumin, onions.
Besides soothing your taste buds, herbs and spices benefit your body in other ways too. They contain antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. Usage of more spices and herbs helps in using salt to a minimal extent which in turn helps in controlling blood sugar. So usage of these spices and herbs will spice up your life along with your food!
The second most important part of cooking restaurant food – the technique
Most chefs go to school for years to perfect their cooking styles,especially to learn the chopping and cutting techniques. Master the following techniques at home and you’ll find yourself succeeding at any recipe that comes your way.
- Usage of vegetables
- Making stock
- Slow and covered cooking
- Chopping and cutting
Home chefs need to learn the proper knife skills. Knowing which knife to use in which situation makes the cooking experience more efficient and time-saving as well as safer for your fingers. Having the ideal knives in your kitchen makes it real easy for you to chop and cut things at your will.
The most important part that lures you towards the restaurant food
Fine dining isn’t only about flavors and taste. It’s all about the presentation which makes any dish appetizing and attractive. Even the most simple, everyday meal feels appetizing when served correctly. Hence it doesn’t take much effort to make your meals a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. Setting up the ambiance and give it a restaurant look makes your job half done.
Usage of the good dishes, cloth napkins, forks, knives, spoons and setting up a proper table is very important. You can keep a starter in the menu which will light up the restaurant feeling in you. While plating the actual meal, you need to keep certain things in mind. Let’s take a look at some of the important tips:
- The plate should look beautiful and big enough so the food doesn’t get crowded.
- Spoons, forks and knives should be beside your plate.
- Usage of white-colored plates is the most preferred so that the colors of the food show up.
- Decorate the rice by making a mound at one side of the plate.
- We always make the mistake of putting the sauce or gravy on top of the meat. So put the sauce under the meat instead of on top. The meat looks more appetizing and the sauce adds a nice contrasting effect.
- Garnishing is very important which can make a very simple food look very attractive. So when you garnish use bright ingredients always.
- Try some artistic techniques, smear sauce across the plate by using a soft spatula.
- Wipe the plates with a clean cloth before serving to maintain hygiene.
So follow all these steps and keep the tips in mind so that you can always enjoy restaurant food at home at your will.
- How to ensure better marination of Fish
- How to Host a Dinner Party & Host a Dinner Party | Pottery Barn