Its summer time again and it is that time of the season, when we tend to lose maximum energy and feel lethargic to indulge into kind of activities. Whenever we step out of home we try to carry a bottle of water or energy drinks with us but that doesn’t quench our thirst at all. This is when we feel like having different types of cold drinks to satiate our thirst for quite some time. So, today I will talk about a very simple but energetic drink which will help all of us beat this scorching and sweltering heat.
Watermelon Mojito is a unique drink which is not available at the stores or market easily. A watermelon contains about 7 % of sugar and 92% of water by weight. It is also a source of vitamin C which makes it one of the best fruits to consume in summer.
- 1 medium size watermelon.
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp of sugar syrup
- 1 bottle of soda
- Crushed ice
- First remove the pits of the watermelon. Then cut into smaller cube pieces.
- In a blender add few sliced watermelon and grind it for 2 seconds to leave it semi-crushed.
- Add the rest of sliced watermelon, fresh lime juice and sugar. Blend it well until smooth.
- Now when serving make sure you make it a little decorative.
- Now in a glass add the sliced watermelon and semi crushed watermelon. Pour in the soda and the watermelon would come to the middle of the glass now.
- Pour the sugar syrup on top of the sliced watermelon in the glass.
- On top of it make a layer with the crushed ice.
- Now add the fresh lime soda.
- Garnish with a sliced lemon.
Your Watermelon Mojito is ready. So enjoy this simple and unique drink at home. Leaves you and your guests with a refreshing feeling in this sweltering summer.