Chicken Bharta with Curd Gravy
Continuing with the experimentation on chicken, this time I was really confused what new to cook. Cracking my brain for the entire day, I finally decided to cook North India’s one of the most favorite recipe, Chicken Bharta with a different type of gravy. This different ingredients used, adds a rich aroma and flavor to this recipe.
Chicken Bharta with Tandoori Roti is one of the favorite recipes for a large number of population among the Indians. But I am sure with the ingredients that have been used in this recipe, it will be loved by people in the different parts of the world. So, let’s take a look what all ingredients have been used and how to prepare this recipe at home with ease.
How to make the chicken stock
Put the chicken pieces in a large bowl and fill it with water. Turn on the flame and add 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 large bay leaf. Let the chicken boil and after a minute add 1 tablespoon of salt and let it boil for 15-20 minutes so that chicken doesn’t get much soft.
Ingredients for Chicken Bharta
1. 700gms of Chicken breast
2. 4 large onions finely chopped
3. 2 tomatoes finely chopped
4. Finely chopped capsicum (1/2)
5. 1 tsp of garlic paste
6. 200gms of yogurt
7. Chicken stock
8. 5-6 green chillies finely chopped
9. 2 tablespoon of Amul cream
10. 25gms of Amul butter
11. 1 hard-boiled egg
1. After the chicken stock is made, keep it aside and let it cool. Take out the chicken pieces and de-bone it.
2. On a medium sized skillet, add 4 tablespoon of mustard oil. I used mustard oil because of its rich flavor compared to the sunflower oil.
3. When the oil gets heated up, add the shredded chicken and saute it till golden brown. When you see the color changing to golden brown take it out and keep aside.
4. Now add the chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Add the tomatoes once the onions turns golden brown in color. Add the chopped capsicum, garlic paste and chopped green chillies and saute for 4-5 minutes.
5. Now add the fried chicken to it and saute it for some more time. Now add the chicken stock and cover the lid for 10minutes. Now take out the lid and add the yogurt and cream to it and cover the lid once until it forms a nice rich gravy.
6. Once you see a rich gravy has formed, add the butter to it and turn off the flame.
7. Uncover the lid and take it out. Cut the egg in 4 pieces and decorate it.
8. Serve hot with tandoori roti.
Lip- Smacking Soft and Crunchy Fish Tikka
I am not a fish lover but when it comes to fish Tikka or fish fry then it’s all together a different story for me. This is the only reason why I wanted to prepare something this time for all the fish lovers as well as non-fish lovers. I was very much sure that this was supposed to be a big challenge for me as I have never tried something different with fish before. But at the end it was a great success and the recipe was loved by the non-fish lovers more than the fish lovers. This is because their taste-buds felt a totally different taste with the discovery of this new recipe at the SAAS-Tastebuds kitchen.
So let’s talk about this innovative recipe in detail.
Ingredients: 600g – boneless fish (bhetki)
A pinch of red chilli powder
1/4 tsp each of red chilli & pepper powders
4 tablespoons of sunflower oil
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup corn-flour
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
Salt to taste
- Wash and clean the fish, cut into cubes, apply salt, red pepper and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix the white flour and corn-flour together very well and keep in on a plate.
- Turn on the flame and pour oil on the frying pan and let it heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Now it’s the turn to fry the fish cubes. Dip each fish cubes into the white flour and corn-flour mix so that it is totally covered with flour mixture.
- Now set these fish cubes one by one for some time, fry both the sides till golden brown.
- I added the white flour and corn-flour both to give them a crunchy taste.
- Now take out the fried fish cubes and keep aside on a tissue paper so that the oil gets soaked in the paper.
- Take out the left-over oil and keep aside.
- Add the butter to the frying pan and let it melt. Add the water and make a mix well with the butter to create a butter sauce.
- Add the chopped onions and add the parsley as per your need to the sauce and cook for 10 seconds. This will add a fresh flavor of parsley to the awesome butter sauce.
- Now, add the fried fish cubes to the sauce and stir for 30 seconds. Turn off the flame and take out on a plate.
The cooked Fish cubes
- Take 3-4 pieces of the fried fish cubes and let a sharp-pointed stick to pass through.
- Pour the left over butter sauce on the Tikka, add the cooked onions, add the lemon juice and sprinkle the crushed black pepper on the top.
- Garnish with the fresh parsley and serve hot.
Contact Us @ https://www.facebook.com/SAAS.Tastebuds