Kebab, is a Middle Eastern dish of pieces of meat, fish, or vegetables, roasted or grilled on a skewer originating in the Middle East. In the Middle East, however, kebab refers to meat that is cooked over or next to the flames; large or small cuts of meat. Tangri Kebab is the most popular among all the Kebab recipes. It is also known as Grilled Chicken Drumsticks. This was however my second experience with the tangri kebab. Having failed at the first time with the microwave oven, I tried cooking it this time on direct gas flame and it came out perfect. So, I would suggest all my fans and friends to try this as it is not time-consuming and easier compared to the microwave ovens. I have tried with 2 large leg pieces of chicken, you can use as many as you want, depending on your need.
- 2 large leg pieces of chicken.
- 100gms curd.
- 1 tbsp lemon.
- 1 tsp garam masala powder.
- 1 tsp red chili powder.
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder.
- 1 tsp coriander powder.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tbsp garlic paste.
- 2tbsp tandoori masala.
How to make Chicken Tangri Kebab:
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces and make random slits on them
- Mix all the ingredients properly together.
- Rub and wrap chicken pieces in it in a fridge and keep aside for 6-8 hours for best results.
- After 6-8 hours, take out of the fridge and keep in the room temperature for some time.
- I have grilled the Tangri Kebabs on direct gas flame with the help of a Roti Grill.
- Place the marinated chicken on the grill and fry it evenly on both the sides. Keep applying butter on each side before frying so that it gets a nice rich color. Keep doing until you are satisfied with the color.
- It should get cooked perfectly within 7-9 minutes. Make sure you don’t burn it while cooking on direct gas flame.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and chat masala and serve with onion rings and Brown Sauce and Hot-Chili Sauce. You can prepare the brown sauce with the help of Soya sauce and tomato ketchup.