Having stepped into the kitchen with a view to experiment on different food items and then discover new recipes, this time I decided to make a new dessert recipe which should give an amazing feeling to every taste-buds. Chocolate Lake with Snowflakes was the perfect name that I could have given to this recipe as the white grated chocolate nicely appeared on the top of the thick chocolate lake. The recipe is very simple and is easy to make. After you prepare this at home for your loved ones and also for your guests, I’m sure you would bring an instant expression of “yum” on those faces.
Let’s take look how this can be prepared at your home with ease.
- 30 chocolate cubes (I used Nestle chocolate cubes)
- 500 ml of milk (Boil it well to make it dense)
- 1 egg
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of fresh cream
- Melt the chocolate cubes properly and let it cool after it is properly melt. You can melt it in the microwave for faster result.
- Now we will use double boiler here for the egg. (Boil water in a bowl and as it starts boiling, take another bowl and beat the egg white and yolk in it with the help of the steam coming out of the boiling water. Make sure it doesn’t form any lump)
- Once you see a thick creamy white texture has formed, turn off the flame.
- In the meantime, mix the dense milk with the melted chocolate and mix it very well till it becomes thick and creamy.
- Then add the egg to the mixture slowly.
- Add the chocolate powder to the mixture and mix it properly so that lumps are not formed. Once it is evenly mixed, it’s time to add the most important ingredient, the cream.
- Add the cream and devote good amount of time to let it mix properly with the help of a batter. Keep doing it until you see a thick chocolate texture has formed. Take a spoon to check the thickness, if it doesn’t flow off like water you are sure it is done.
- Pour it in designer bowls or glasses as per your choice. Sprinkle chocolate powder on the top.
- Garnish with the grated white chocolates on the top to make it look like snow.
- Refrigerate it for few hours.
- Serve chilled.